INCI Name:Lauryl lactyl lactate
Approved in USA, Japan and Korea as a cosmetic ingredient
- Body wash
- Liquid & Bar Soap
- Facial Cleaner
- Cream / Lotion
- Hair conditioner
- Multifunctional surfactant
- Clear, colorless liquid
- Very Mild
- Salt & Nitrogen Free
- Sulfate Free
- Easily formulated via cold mix up to 3% in surfactant system
- Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is an anionic surfactant , emulsifier derived from the sodium salt of lactic acid esterified with lauric acid.
- Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate gives skin moisturization and a smooth feel on application .
- Foam Booster
- Skin moisturizer
- Can be claimed as a Sulfate free product by using of this ingredients.
- Polyglucose/Lactylate Blend – Decyl glucoside (nonionic) is combined with Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (anionic) for good cleansing and foaming characteristics. Considered “all natural” – ultramild, clear product. No other surfactant is needed although when used with the Cocobetaine/Lactylate Blend the synergistic effect will produce more foam and a thicker product.
- Appearance: Yellowish, Semi Solid
- Acid Value : 80-90
- Saponification Value 220-240
- Ester Value 120-150
sodium lauroyl lactylate might be an effective antimicrobial against the gram-positive bacterium Clostridium perfringens.
- 1.5 to 3.0% in emulsions (Leave on Application )
- 10.0 to 30% in surfactant systems ( Rinse off Application )
- SLL application is predominately in Beauty & personal care products .Listed below its sub category :
- Skin care – Face /Neck care formulations , Anti aging serums.etc
- Color cosmetics – Lipsticks , Foundations.etc
- Hair care – Hair shampoos , Conditioner.etc
- Shaving segment – Shave creams , Shave gels.etc
- Deodarants – Roll on deos , Deodarant sprays.etc
- Health & Hygeine care – Anti itch creams , soothing creams.etc
- Soap & bath products – Shower gels , Body wash , soap bars.etc
Due to their sodium back bone the lactylate s are able to penetrate the top layers of skin to offer: residual moisturization (moisture barrier)extended fragrance releaseenhance delivery of actives.